We were fortunate to have in school two PCSO’s this week!
Suzie Carr and Victoria Lendrum, who explained to us, all about the fantastic work they do and had an extensive Q&A session with the children. It was very interesting and informative and we really appreciated their time.
Here are some of the facts we learned!
- You ring 999 for an emergency and 101 for all other non life threatening crimes. Such a s theft, nuisance neighbours, anti –social behaviour and graffiti.
- PCSOs wear a stab proof vest, carry a radio and wear a body camera if needed. They always carry a notebook where they record evidence which is often used in a court of law.
- Qualifications required to be a police officer are :- 5 GCSEs inc English and maths 3 A Levels CKP—certificate of knowledge in policing However you can do a degree in policing.
- Sometimes the police use Alsatian and Springer Spaniel dogs to help them with their policing. For instance sniffing for drugs.
- Fingerprints and DNA are great sources of evidence. No two peoples fingerprints are the same not even identical twins!
Vicky and Suzie assured us that we live in a very safe part of the country and we thank them for taking the time out to pay us a visit and help us get to know them!