Today we went to Ufton Court on an educational visit!
- We went to Upton Court via coach.
- From there we went into a big barn and there we left our bags and luggage.
- Next, our instructors for the day came and told us what we were going to do.
- After our little pep talk, they split us into two groups; half of us went with the man and half of us went with the lady.
- After splitting up, the lady and her children went and did some Anglo-Saxon and Viking games. The man and his children went into an Anglo-Saxon house. After finishing these, we swapped activities.
- Then, we had lunch.
- After a while, we started on the most exciting part of the day; the battles in the afternoon.
- After the battles we went back to school on the coach where our parents collected us.
Here is a little bit of information about the battles.
For every battle you either had an axe or a shield depending on what army you were in. The children who had been with the man before lunch were the Anglo-Saxons and the children who went with the lady were the Vikings. The Anglo-Saxons were under orders of the lady and the Vikings were under order of the man. In the middle of the battles we swapped weapons as you will see below.